Artist's Books

Preparing portfolios of work for recent  interviews has made me take a long look at all the artist's books I've made in the past few years.  At Cliffe Castle Keighley for the 'Watershed - Inspired By Landscape' residency interview I was given plenty of time to set out my books on long tables which was ideal as they are mostly in the concertina format. I was pleased by the impact they made en masse and the reaction of the interview panel.

Nearly all of the books I've constructed are 'unique' in the sense that there is only one copy. This means that even if I wanted to sell them, they would be too expensive for marketing in my local area. I'd love to make more editions using wide commercial printing to speed up the making process and I'm hoping that an exciting new development might enable this, but its still hush hush until I've had confirmation, so more of that later.


In the meantime, here's a picture of the lay-out for A3 printing of my Walk Around Ogden Water book.  I quite like how it looks all in a block, but its actually meant to be cut into strips to make the concertina.

No comments: