MORE SKETCHES OF THE NATURE RESERVE AT CROMWELL BOTTOM




Another trio of ink sketches on manila paper using reed pens made at Cromwell Bottom. Originally I started reusing manila envelopes from a huge recycling heap at a college I worked in, along with my artist friend Viv Owen, but now I deliberately buy manila paper.  I love the colour, it makes an exciting change from the more standard white sheet and suddenly the white becomes an active player in the image rather than just the default background. Actually I think Viv bought me this particular little sketchbook - thanks Viv.

I'm looking forward to getting back to Cromwell Bottom soon as I want to see it with the wonderful yellow greens of Spring foliage.

2 comments:

Bruce said...

Hello again Angie.

Even more fantastic pictures of Cromwell. We are impressed, very atmospheric.

Bruce

ANGIE ROGERS said...

Thanks Bruce, I expect the reserve is starting to look more green now, with the first new leaves.
Angie