More Woodcuts

Two more very recent woodcuts of Hebden Bridge Terraces.


I've enjoyed exploring all the different marks to make trees out of although the thousands of little gouges have strained my hands and shoulders and made a terrible mess in our kitchen (should have done this in the studio but sometimes its more comforting working at home when its chilly and dank and its supposed to be our summer...).

I'm possibly sorry that I've cleared so much from the road going up the hill, it seems too pale, although the hill roads round here do shimmer and reflect a lot of light, especially when damp. If I'd left it grey then there wouldn't be enough contrast.  It'll be interesting to see what difference hand-tinting might make, and I will probably fiddle around with some proofs to change the emphasis a bit.

No comments: