Curlew Nest Woodcut

Finally managed to complete the woodcut of a curlew Golden Plover nest on High Brown Knoll started earlier in the year and posted about as a demonstration of the woodcut process.  The printed image size is around 24 cm square.

This framed print is going to the Manor House Art Gallery and Museum in Ilkley as part of an exhibition titled 'Moor Views'.  The show is connected with the Watershed - Inspired By Landscape project I was resident artist for last year and includes work from the photography competition.  A little bird tells me that my friend Angelika Freydank is one of the prize winners - well done Angelika!  Opening times and details are included on the invite below:



Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to make the preview as I'm taking part in an activity at Leeds Art Gallery on that day, as part of a project with Grassington Arts Festival.

No comments: