28 Drawings Later

I've signed up to take part in the 28 Drawings Later challenge ( 28 Drawings Later ). Hope I can keep going doing a drawing every day of the month, but feel I might run out of steam what with all the other stuff I'm doing.

Felt some self-imposed limitations are needed to avoid being overwhelmed by choice so am sticking to black and white and the subject has to be connected to the natural environment in my close neighbourhood.  As a final means of tightening the focus I've decided the drawings have to finish up as 3D objects rather than totally flat sheets of paper...

This is today's effort.




4 comments:

June Russell said...

That's really nice. And great to see you doing this - it's a lovely project. What I enjoyed most last year was seeing the huge range of drawings from contributors. I didn't set myself any goals other than just drawing something - anything - every day, and so I produced a pretty wide range myself. I quite liked that,so I think I'll hang loose once again.

ANGIE ROGERS said...

Looking at all the uploads last night it was inspiring to see how varied the responses are and I think it'll be fascinating to watch how it develops over the month. Looking forward to seeing your next drawing!

jane said...

How you feeling now about it, almost three weeks in? For me seeing your works has been one of the highlights.

ANGIE ROGERS said...

Thats really kind of you to say so Jane. I must say your recent marvellous drawing of the view from the university windows is one of my favourites so far. The whole project is great and I'm really enjoying being a part of it. You feel you get to know people a little bit through their drawings and its interesting to see so many different styles and subjects. I'm also really pleased the project has reawakened a love of graphite and the colour grey!