The Magical Forest Within




Those who know me and my work will recognize this image as a transmutation of a paper sculpture I made from a Habitat carrier bag called 'The Magical Forest Within'.  The original object has been photographed and Photoshopped into a variety of guises, mainly relating to the seasons of the year.

Like many other people I've always loved trees, and as I grow older I come to appreciate them more and more.  Increasingly now I enjoy Winter trees, their stark beauty, architectural forms and  amazing variety of subtle hued bark.  Christmas seems a particularly poignant time for trees for obvious reasons and yet I can understand the urge to bring something green inside during the dark time of the year.

Today I went walking in the woods at Hardcastle Crags whilst all around the snow was silently performing its incomparable transformation act.


HAPPY CHRISTMAS





No comments: